Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Waiting for the rain

For the past 5 days I have been working on building cabinet boxes for the new built-in cabinetry for our dining room. Today the forecast calls for rain. With 4 sheets of $60 hardwood plywood still outside, we had to haul everything inside at 7am today. Hopefully once the rain is past I will be able to get everything back outside solo, and get right back to cutting and routing. My plan originally was to be done by Sunday. HAH. Now I am hoping to be done closer to a week from last Sunday. Done is also a relative term. Done at this point means, assembled, shelves on, mounted to the wall...maybe primed. I think we'll hold off on doing molding and trim for a few months.

If all goes according to plan, these cabinets will house all of the pots we use on a daily basis, some of our more recently collected pots, our library of periodicals, as well as our cookbooks. Tallied together I am guessing it all weighs around 1000#. Pictures of this process should be posted tomorrow or Friday.

No comments: