Saturday, June 21, 2008

Demands, Diamonds and Demons

detail of 12199C - untitled


These past few days have flown past. My original plans for last week were to get caught up on all the outstanding orders and make way (and time) for new fun stuff before our next shows in July. Didnt happen. Instead, I found myself on Friday, frantically trying to get the LARGE Glaze Tectonics platters ready to head to Cornell's Johnson Museum for an upcoming show. (as soon as there is web info on this I will post it.)

To that end, I tried to shoot all the platters I took to CU. Some turned out well, others not so hot. I will include a few tonight, and more tomorrow once I have had a chance to do some editing and cleaning up.



by the window - shot with Nikon D80, Nikkor 60mm, f2.8AF-S lens, daylight


Best thing that happened on Thursday was Aurora's end of the year concert. I asked her, before the concert, if she was nervous about performing. Nope. She was jazzed up. So, in a brief quiet moment before dinner, as the light was coming into the dining room just right, I caught a quick picture of her.

And lastly a curse goes out to my pal in Miami...Jose... who turned me on to Jim Butcher's Dresden Files.... oh jeez! This guy can WRITE! I have seen way too many nights where I slid into bed at 10pm only to turn out the light sometime around 1am. Damn you JOSE!!!! Storyline manages to merge a private-eye wizard, vampires, Chicago cops and hoodlums, demons and fallen angels. Oh boy! Good books, fun plots, wonderful dark humor and a great way to take the edge of the day.

No comments: