Tuesday, June 24, 2008



I have spent so much time lately making images of these BIG platters that I am embarrassed to admit how LITTLE time I have spent in the studio making new work. I forgot how much FUN these big monsters are! They are so heavy and huge! Even the 18-19" ones are still around 30-40# !! Having this spiffy new lens (Nikon 60mm micro f2.8) has made ALL the difference.

So what next? Well, my thinking lately has been to make a book of ALL the platters. Try to finally have some way of documenting the whole series. I think the first place they will all end up, is our website. I think it would be great if they could find greater visibility via galleries and exhibitions, but after this year, I wont be holding my breath. Eleven of them are now in residence at Cornell's Johnson Museum. The show will open July 5th.

No comments: