Friday, July 25, 2008

Summer Day Spent Sailing





I dont think it is possible to imagine anything better than a blue sky day, nice breeze and a sailboat out on the lake. Cornell University offers a day camp where kids get to sail (2 kids to a boat). This was A's first time in this camp. Talk about LOVING sailing. She was already a water-rat... but this was just too cool. Since we hadn't seen her all week, I figured I would surprise her today by slipping my kayak into the lake down near where her group launches. As things would have it, there was also the Empire Games holding their sailing races for the Laser class. So... a crowded launch and after that, the lake was nice, quiet and fun. With the exception of a few powerboat wakes giving me a thorough jostling, it was a fantastic day to be out on the water.

No comments: