Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Kid at the Fair


I couldn't pass up this shot. We had been taking pictures all over the fair for over two hours as the sun went down. Aurora captured some AMAZING images. (see my earlier blog entry)

As we were watching the kids on the bumper cars I asked her if she planned on going on any rides. She quietly mused how she might, but she wasnt sure... she didnt want to ask for more money for rides, but just the same she wanted to keep taking pictures. It's hard having to decide what's more fun....

The look of amusement and relief on her face when I said she should go get some tickets just made this picture seem perfect.

2 comments:

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

What a great shot. You certainly captured the moment. Loved your description. My kids are all past the age of delighting in carnival rides and such. But I do remember it well.

Alex Solla said...

When we go out on a photo shoot, we're never really sure what the goal is... so things just unfold. I think surprise is really the goal. To see something we would have missed were it not for the camera. At the fair we saw that no one was really "looking" at the lights. That made it all the more irresistible.