Monday, September 8, 2008

Tag - I'm it

It would seem that my blog has been "tagged". Joy Tanner has a very cool blog which I poke my head in on a few times a week. Last week she tagged our blog and gave a list of the various things one has to do now that one is "it". So here goes:

Here are the rules of the dreaded "tagging" thing:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog. (this is what you're now reading.)
3. Write 6 random things about yourself (see below).
4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them. (This is only a game.)
5. Let each person know they have been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

Six random things about me:

1. I never intended to be a potter. I originally went to college to study film and photography. Ended up in chemistry and physics. Go figure. Found out that understanding WHY things melt and change color was probably one of the coolest things in the world!

2. As much as I love music, I can't play one lick of anything on any instrument. Hell, I cant even play spoons.

3. I have an enormous music collection. Mostly obscure singer-songwriter, rock-n-roll, blue, folk and tons of celtic stuff. Lately most of our collecting has been punk and celtic punk.

4. I have two cats. You'll hardly ever see more than one on our blog though. The orange-ish tiger shows up in our photographs now and then, but our black cat is a bugger to shoot. I havent had one good photograph of her turn out well from over 100 that I have taken. Black cats are one of the toughest things in the world to photograph.

5. I miss teaching. A lot. For some potters, making pots satisfies the reason d'etre of pottery. I need the students. More than just an audience, I need the collective mind of a focused class to help wind me up and get my motor going. Extroverts need to be around people to recharge their batteries (or so I have been told).... and teaching was the best way I have ever found to do this for me.

6. I would give just about anything to be living out in the pacific northwest again. I miss the weather, the light, the crops (especially the cherries!), and the people. I spent summers in Port Townsend during college. After a hiatus of about 5 years I went back and it was even better than when I had left. Unfortunately, the value of our house in upstate NY wouldn't buy us a rundown singlewide trailer in the Olympic Peninsula. Depressing really.


______________________________
Tagged bloggers:

Matt Grimmett in the UK
Dan Finnegan in VA
Hollis Engley at Hatchville Pottery in Cape Cod MA
Ron Philbeck in Shelby NC
Alan Argyll from the UK
Hannah McAndrew from Scotland
Paul Jessop from Barrington

No comments: