Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thinking Back


When I arrived in the town of Logan, back in 1995, I had no idea what grad school would be like. Sure, I had my preconceived notions, but no real clue. Something about the sharp slightly dusty smell that fall carries with it, reminds me of that time in UT. (probably because it is never really that arid here!)


These were pots made by fellow students when I was at Utah State during grad school. I wish I could tell yo more about these pots. USU's program was pretty large and the volume of students who moved through every year was massive. I feel negligent for having not kept in touch with many of my fellow alumns. I guess that is my take-away from this week. Quasi-nostalgia for a difficult time in my life, when the pots were the greatest reward. I don't think I would recognize the face of my next-door neighbor of four years (from UT) if I saw them on the street... but I would never forget these cool pots!


1 comment:

cookingwithgas said...

I love the stories, really I do, keep them coming.

Iron red and me- I feel in love with an poorly glazed iron red coffee mug back in 1979/80...there was one tiny drip that was the right color and I asked our friend Geoff Picket what is that?
He gave me a recipe and I have chased that glaze like it was a butterfly, Unicorn or double rainbow ever since. It has taken me many places and we are not done yet.